WITHOUT the Use of Pain Meds, Injections or Surgery
Even if You’ve Suffered for Years”
If you’re suffering from lower back pain, stiffness or an ache - it’s very tempting to think that it’s nothing, that it will go away on its own. If you’re constantly thinking “oh I just slept weird,” or that it’s just a “spasm” or maybe feeling stiffness is the new normal….
There’s no obvious reason why it happened - but it doesn’t seem to be getting better!
If that’s happening to you, know that you’re not alone - we hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, Lower Back Pain and Sciatica is THE most common problem that we see at Advanced Physical Therapy Specialists.
When it comes to living with back pain, everybody we see wants to know…
“Is Living with Back Pain the New Normal?”…
“Why Am I Still Suffering With Back Pain …
After Putting Up with It For …Wait …How Long?!”
Most people think that when they get Back Pain, it’s just going to go away on it’s own.
That they’ll wake up one morning and like “magic”, it’ll be as if back pain never happened… But then 6 months later you’re still living with back pain - often even worse than it was when it came on and you can’t do the simplest of activities, let alone go back to the active lifestyle you used to have.
Another scenario we see all the time at Advanced Physical Therapy Specialists is when people see the doctor, and the doctor prescribes rest and tell them “try these painkillers” and “see how it goes.”
This is rarely ever the best advice. Again, and again, we see that 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the doctor again because their back pain has not lessened and often times it has gotten worse. Yet again, they’re given another prescription of even stronger pills, and advised MORE rest. This cycle is insane, and it explains why so many people aged 40+ are suffering with chronic lower back pain.
Why does back pain last longer than it should do? Well, it’s easy to give up because you’ve been told different things, by different people. There’s lots of people out there who are happy to dispense advice - but not all of it is coming from a credible source.
Maybe you think your back pain was caused by moving the wrong way - like lifting or sleeping awkwardly - but really your back pain was caused by years and years of poor posture which has caused the muscles in your lower back to become weak so lifting, or sleeping in an awkward position, or moving in a weird way is actually a CONSEQUENCE of having weak back muscles. If you don’t know what you’re doing - back pain can be very confusing and because of this, many people just end up accepting it as ‘part of life’ - as if it’s normal to walk around with pain 24/7, and ‘just the way it is’.
1. You thought it would go away on its own, maybe in a few days or week - but it didn’t.
2. You saw a doctor who prescribed rest and take painkillers - but the pills did nothing to help your back, and as soon as they wore off, chronic back pain struck again and this time you’re feeling stiff because you’ve been resting like you were told to.
3. A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets back pain as they get older, so you just accepted it…because “back pain runs in the family”?
4. You tried other healthcare professionals, or physical therapists in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help.
5. You tried YouTube and Instagram exercises, because they promised to relieve your back pain with this one simple exercise, but they either didn’t do a thing, or made your back pain ten times worse.
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your back pain was so bad, but all that did was make it feel even more stiff and tight, so you stayed resting even longer.
7. You decided to get a few “massages” hoping that would fix the pain, but all it did was make you feel relaxed, and even though you now smelled like lavender oils, it really didn’t do anything to fix your back pain long term.
If any of these have happened to you - we would love to help you by inviting you call us to talk with one of our physical therapists at Advanced Physical Therapy Specialists to find out what can be done to help you. If you’ve tried any or all these things, that’s even better! Because now you know what doesn’t work and are ready to try what will work for you.
Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you over the phone. The phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next.
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help and take action! So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that back pain will ‘just go away with time’, but 6 months later, they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or it has gotten worse.
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises for you! One of the best things to help you ease your back pain is to do the right series of corrective exercises - the right exercises given to you by a physical therapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again – making sure that the problems don’t come back anytime soon (or aggravate your back even more, like some exercises do).
3. Avoid sitting and long periods of rest - ever tried to get up from the sofa after resting for a while, but you struggle because your back feels so painful and tight? That’s because one of the worst things you can do for your back pain is to rest and sit for long periods of time. Too much rest, sitting or lying down in awkward positions makes your back stiff and tight. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises by a physical therapist for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
4. Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy – Physical therapy is proven to help people with low-back pain. In fact, at Advanced Physical Therapy Specialists, it’s one of the most common injuries we see. If back pain is affecting your job, your ability to lead an active lifestyle, if it threatens your independence or gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends – Advanced Physical Therapy Specialists can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
Note: This Discovery Visit is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or skeptical about physical therapy - unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free Discovery Visit so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done - without any financial risk on your part.
So, the next question is:
Here’s just a few of the things Advanced Physical Therapy Specialists can do for you:
• We can quickly reduce the pain and stiffness - often within a couple of sessions.
• We can help you find out what’s really going on and get to the root cause of your back pain once and for all - often within 20 minutes.
• Pain can “zap” you of energy and limit a peaceful night’s sleep - we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day.
• We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly - and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery.
• We can help you put an end to taking all those painkillers that are no good for your long-term health and wellbeing.
• We can help you avoid dangerous spinal surgery - and painful injections.
• We can help you keep out of the doctor’s waiting room or from making repeat visits…only to be given more pills!
• We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that back pain has stolen from you.
• We can help you to finally get a good night’s sleep without tossing and turning trying to find that one position that feels right.
• We can help you to sit more comfortably and walk longer than 15 minutes without your back feeling weak and painful or like it is going to “give-way”...
Basically, we can help you get back to living life free from the curse of chronic back pain.
If you want to know what it costs - and what availability we have at Advanced Physical Therapy Specialists, then please just click the button below and complete the short form:
Please enjoy reading these Success Stories of other people, just like you, who came to see Advanced Physical Therapy Specialists - and left much healthier and happier within just a couple of weeks:
Jeremy is by far, the best physical therapist I've ever worked with. I've had pain in my hip and lower back for years, and none of the PTs or doctors I visited were able to improve my condition. PTs would give me very generalized exercises that I would do faithfully for weeks, but they would have no impact. I would give them feedback, but they rarely changed their approach. By the time I started therapy with Jeremy, I couldn't walk without pain; driving and other simple daily activities were a trial; and I was beginning to think that I might have to live in this condition indefinitely. But my experience at Advanced Physical Therapy Specialists was completely different. From my very first appointment, it was apparent that Jeremy's many years of experience, and his commitment to keeping up with the latest in the PT field have really payed off. He went over my symptoms methodically and had me move in different ways so he could narrow down his treatment plan. He then assigned me three simple exercises very different from any I'd tried before in that they worked one or two muscle groups very specifically and focused on doing the exercise properly 3-4 times, rather than sloppily 10-12 times. They took about 15 minutes to do all on a daily basis. Every session he would reassess. If an exercise wasn't working for me, he would ask me a few diagnostic questions, and then assign me something different. I would get new short, simple exercises almost every week as I advanced; I never felt like my progress stagnated. He also spent at least half the session on trigger point massage, dry needling, and other manual Physical Therapy techniques that calmed my inflamed hip and back muscles, preventing them from seizing up and stymieing my progress. To my great surprise and relief, I starting seeing improvement within just a few sessions. Thanks to Jeremy I am able to take part in normal activities again without pain. Huge portions of my life that I'd had to put aside because of pain have suddenly opened up again. I recommend him wholeheartedly to anyone who needs physical therapy, whether you've had many years of debilitating chronic pain, or need help recovering from a recent injury, Jeremy will be able to help.
What Jeremy does is far beyond just "PT". Equipped with PRI (and some manual) techniques, he can get to the root of positional problems immediately. And as I experienced, that usually means immediate changes. Each week I've watched, thoroughly impressed, as he tests/retests, then provides progressive or regressive exercises to match progress. No laundry list of cookie-cutter exercises with a hope that it might do "something" (what my prior experience was with other PTs). No need to lay on foam rollers or stick lacrosse balls in weird places just to feel right (what I used to think was "good warmup"). Whereas a lot of typical PT is a jackhammer, this PRI stuff is a scalpel: precise and thorough and - in the right hands - capable of helping people of all backgrounds and levels of activity feel and move better...Jeremy is the right set of hands.
Jeremy is a phenomenal therapist. He has been beyond great with treatment of my lower back issues. I have struggled with chronic back pain for years and cannot express how happy I am to have found Jeremy. His bedside manner comes second only to his physical treatment. I literally cannot say enough about Jeremy and his care. The physical relief that comes from his treatment has provided mental relief that those with chronic pain will understand.
Jeremy is simply amazing. He considers your entire body as it functions, rather than limiting his view to certain areas. Since everything in your body is connected and functions together, it's important to take this approach. This has been especially important to me as I damaged so many parts of my body in a car accident and was growing extremely frustrated by other PTs narrow thinking and treatment. Seeing Jeremy has made me feel the best I have since my accident nearly 2 years ago. Not only that, he is very easy to get along with and very personable. I enjoy my sessions, and never walk out feeling worse (99% of the time I feel better immediately after seeing him), which has been a struggle with the other PTs I've seen. I would recommend him 100x over to anyone dealing with pain or in need of therapy! Thanks Jeremy for helping me to smile bright again!